Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So This is Finny

Elmer (Feenie) Foster is another one of those guys you just hafta call "One of the nicest men you'd ever wanna know".

They pronounce Feenie like a fish fin.  Finny.  At least that's how I heard it.

When we went to meet Feenie, he was sittin in a lawn chair out back of his house, armed with a .22 rifle and waiting for a ground hog to shoot.  Now I hope I'm not spillin the beans to the sheriff.  I just assume shootin ground hogs in your backyard is perfectly acceptable in Natural Bridge Station, Virginia.

When I asked him if he'd pose for my camera, he didn't even blink an eye.  What time and where?  Although he didn't necessarily follow my instructions, I'm pretty sure he shaved and got a hair cut.  Actually, he had this very cute little rooster tail cowlick when  he walked in.  I tried the old spit on the fingers mousse on it but it didn't seem to help.

I didn't see it at first but now that I look at this image, he strikes me as Arnold Palmer's Father.

You can look at this and just about figure there's some serious BS about to come outta that mouth.

1 comment:

kpannabecker and jpannabecker said...

Oh, Jerry, you so have him pegged. Yes, he's one of the nicest guys you'd ever wanna know and, for sure, there's always some BS coming from his mouth. Thanks for using him as your model.