Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh, the indebtedness

As I prepare to renew my mini exhibit for the month, I find myself choosing this image, an image that should have been up front in the very beginning of the blog.  Here, I give you my best resource, supporter, fan, editor and friend, Laurie Shoulter-Karall.  This woman adopted me, in an artistic sense, probably 15 years ago and hasn't for a second allowed me to waller or hesitate or despair or procrastinate-well not for very long.  Maybe patron saint is the best description for this fan spectacular.  Now mind you, I'm not the only one to be taken under her wing but there is a special connection that we share.

I must tell you what an honor it was to have her sit for me.  She has very stubbornly disallowed anyone to capture her image until this setting. Not only to capture her likeness but exposing her early onset Arthritis was a huge hurdle to overcome.

We have shared many an artistic moment and I'll be forever indebted to her.

2 comments:

LaurieASK said...

Damn- I am going to have to get a halo- and I would have described myself as "amuse" (or an amusement), an aggrevation and a good friend- as well as your chief grammarian. If you can make me look good you can perform miracles.

Anonymous said...

To bad you mentioned the "Arthur Ritis" thing....until that point I had only paid attention to the evident beauty of her eyes and the slight discernible whisper of her smile. I would have left it alone. It's nothing to be "ashamed" of...you are a beauty.