Friday, February 20, 2009

Jeigh Today




It seems so long ago that I first met this man. We were introduced because, at the time, I was shooting a lot of fashion and he was the head of the Fashion Department at Washington University, here in Saint Louis. For several years after, I sat on the jury for the Fashion Department's final show of the school year. There were several designers from those classes that made a significant name for themselves in the business. I don't remember how we parted but I hadn't seen Jeigh for some time but when I did, I knew he was meant for the portfolio. I was thrilled that he was willing to sit for me and the funny thing is, he seemed more thrilled that I had asked. Go Figure.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Occasionally I take a moment to look back on the blog and I always end up reading the piece about Joshua Bell and noticing beauty- and today these portraits resonate with me- they show his real beauty- especially the laughing image.

Jerry Tovo said...

Thanks, I'm very fond of these myself. Great subject. It was hard to take any bad images. I did manage a few though. Don't wanna get overconfident.

Larry the Artist said...

I like the middle one where his personality really seems to come through.

Unknown said...

From the perspective of a former student, the middle picture only works with the first in terms of expressing the Jeigh I know. Picture 1: his look when you told him you weren't going to listen to him. Picture 2: his look when he came back after you didn't listen to him and told him you would listen to him.