Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's with Mixed Emotions

It's getting to be that time of the year. I love the fall, the clean crisp air, the lower, warmer sun angle, it is however dampened by the unfortunate prospect of winter just around the corner. Don't get me wrong, I also love the first month of winter, the first snow and the fires in the fireplace that are nearly as welcome as the first sounds of the peepers in the spring. After the first of the year though, I am so done with the whole gray monochrome thing. There have been One Million Trillion (slightly less than the national debt) autumn color photographs taken, so I dare not try to compete with many of those. I'm not one to find much motivation in shooting the cliche image. If I put my camera to my eye and see the same shot that I've seen so many times before I'll back off and reconsider it or at least give some thought how to make it different. I will not dally though, because I rather just stand there and absorb the moment for future remembrances. I do however, have many many stock images taken for the season.

Did you know that the color of the leaves is there all summer only hidden by the chloralfill that dissipates in the fall? (or so I heard on NPR earlier this week)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you get those leaves so smooth? They are not like regular leaves, they are so much more iconographic: symbolic of leaf perfection, so bright and pure. These would make a delicious leaf pie, smooth and tasty but full bodied with just an undercurrent of that minty chlorophyll that was so recently abundant.

YUM!