Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So take this

I must tell you that from time to time I'm chided by some that I seem to shoot only people who have reached an age where life's tolls have begun show in their faces. For the most part, that's true but it is that character that my camera craves. It's just ripe for the picking as they say. Now here for those skeptics out there, this is beauty and character without age. My young architect friend, Erin O'Brien, was on my list of people I wanted to photograph from the moment I was first introduced to her. Yet another project on my long list is to do an essay or book on freckles and this certainly would or will be a great start for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would crop it tighter on her face. The bottom left of the picture doesn't look right. It looks like a tiny head on a 600 pound lady. Also how does this look in just the red channel? I know you love low key, but I would enjoy seeing this done in high-key. Your camera is very sharp!

Jerry Tovo said...

Well, thank yo so much for your input. Hmmm, I don't know, how would you expect it to look in the red channel?

In an earlier post I was chastised for cropping too close. All I can tell you is that I am very confident about my cropping. It is the one thing I never go back and question. BTW, she does weigh nearly 600 pounds but her head is not tiny. You are very observant.

Please come back and comment again sometime. I love getting other peoples thoughts on my work. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Wait just a minute! I do NOT weigh 600 pounds - and I don't think this photo looks like I weigh that much. I love this photo, along with the rest of the series. Thanks, Jerry, for giving me at least one photo of myself that I don't shrink away from.