Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am pretty sure this was the cornerstone image to my Black and White Masters Portrait series.
I was working for Kodak then and I suspected that they were missing a huge corner of the market by not promoting the greyscale imaging opportunities that came with digital photography. I would guess that it never occurred to the marketing geniuses there, since they were so focused on color, color management and skin tones, all Kodak strong points. I saw the enormous potential and shot this demo featuring my good friend and world class shooter himself, Kevin O. Mooney. The process as to how I arrive at the final rendition has changed so dramatically since this was first shot. Nevertheless I think you'll find more and more shooters and artist realizing how dramatic black and white images from digital capture can truly be.

No comments: