Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No roll in the hay

This is one of those rural images that I shot on the same day as the earlier post,"A roll in the hay". I am very found of this shot because it's how I pictured it in my mind as I was traveling out to shoot it. When I got back to the studio and started editing I found myself disappointed in the base image. I was briefly discouraged and set it aside for the time. Some months later I just had to take a second look at it, because I really loved the original concept and refused to let it die. I must tell you that while I use Photoshop everyday in my commercial work, I have this nagging ache inside me that won't let me totally rely on it's smoke and mirrors to make something out of a nothing capture. I would rather that my images come from my mind and heart and translate nicely through the camera and computer on their own. Maybe that's idealistic but today, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. As it turns out, I'm not the only one found of this image as it has become highly requested. Thank you for that.

No comments: