Thursday, March 25, 2010

When is a failure not a failure?


I've been cogitating on replacing my images in the mini show that I have upstairs from the studio. Thinking back over the portraits I had shot in the past year or so, it occurred to me that I dearly loved the one of the General from India and I'd hoped to pair it with an image of his wife. As it turns out, her shot wasn't as sharp as his and I spent a lot of time and technology making it usable.  I loved the results but unfortunately the two didn't match side by side.  Her final was very much like a 35mm film image and his, much more like large format, film or digital. So I'm headed off in a yet different direction but well please with the save.  *If you click on the image, the quality improves somewhat.

4 comments:

James Pannabecker said...

Cool. I can't wait to see what you come up with in our neck of the woods.

ryan walters said...

You've done it again! The tonal range of your black and white portraits blows me away every time! What a great face, and I love that you chose to have her hands in the shot. This work you do always inspires me to be better!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been cogitating....they now have a major psychotropic for control of it. Other than that...another superb image!!

Jerry Tovo said...

What does a Shrink near the Equator have to do with my cogitating? I have to start appealing to a lower level of intellect or else go back to school.

Other than that, thanks for your kind comment.