Friday, March 19, 2010

That's Rich, Volume 2

Several months back I posted an image of my friend Rich.  It was peculiar to my favorite style of black and white portraits. During that same session, I made a point of switching things up somewhat. It has occurred to me that I might become labeled for that style and while I'm not afraid of that happening, I do realized that I should not be complacent in being able to produce images of a different light.  So, I've been trying to work on a versatility in my portraits that may have some value in other arenas. I find this shot, with white background and stressed color, particular to my taste.  It's fairly easy to do variables from this state and could serve the commercial customer well. It's not unique to me as I have seen variations abound.  My friend, Ryan Walters, is particularly talented when it comes to a similar style.  Maybe he can help push me to be more consistent. I tend to wander when exploring avenues uncommon to my norm.

No comments: