Friday, January 2, 2009

Bloodline

The daughter of my oldest son, Kelsea, came with me to the studio on New Years Eve day. I had some organizing to do and she was anxious to tag along. When my kids were younger they were the perfect little photographer's children. They would spend hours letting me pose and photograph them, so patient with their dad and all his lighting experiments. Kelsea on the other hand had not been so inclined, until very recently. She was ready now and it was a great experience to see her open up a bit. Frankly though, I think being on the other side of the camera was more to her liking. Unfortunatley she didn't have much to work with since I was the only subject available. We took turns until I could pose no more. Maybe someday I'll post the shots she took. I have to say she is very intuitive when it comes to shooting using the big studio camera. I plan to engourage her even more as she grows older. Who knows maybe someday my input will provide her with some success of her own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And why would you want to inflict such a unrecognize, under appreciated passion upon one so young? Better to be an accountant or a statiscian. Seriously- teach her the business and the passion so she can grow up and make money doing what she loves.