Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eye Bank


I changed the image from the original post.  This is a big improvement. Attention image thief's, be reminded that all the images on this blog are copyrighted, Jerry Tovo. Eye will track you down.

If you go way back on the blog you'll find an eye (mine), that I shot to check focus on a little point and shoot camera.  It was nicely sharp and quite detailed.  Of late I have decided that since my portraits are so weighted toward the subjects eyes, that I should really look closely at how our eyes are really structured.

With that in mind I have begun to stock eye shots so that I can compare, as necessary, the true make up of the human eye and how it relates to my portraits

This is the first of those.  I'm sure I'll refine the lighting as I go but this is a good start.  Right away, I've learned that I don't like it when you force the eye to stop down by exposing it to too much light prior to capture.  The  pupils get out of proportion to the rest of the eye and it becomes unnatural.


Clicking on it makes it sweller

5 comments:

kpannabecker and jpannabecker said...

I never knew an eye could be so beautiful close up. I love all the
wavy lines and different shades in the iris. It will be fun to see more of them.

Jerry Tovo said...

Maybe I'll shoot your eyes the next time I see you, and Witty.

kpannabecker and jpannabecker said...

Witty has great eyes. That would be cool to see.

Unknown said...

Incredible shot! The intricacies of the blue are beautifully mesmerizing, but what I've always thought was really cool about the eye is this ring of extravagant beauty around a black center circle. All the information goes into that black whole into our conciousness, and we shine that knowing back to the world through the color & surrounding environment of the eyes. Thanks for posting this! Fascinating.

Jerry Tovo said...

Kevin, you are why we publish these blogs. Thank you.