Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Carlos Santana























Last week, after scheduling, negotiating, changes and finally confirming, I was set to shoot Carlos Santana for a very good client of mine. Normally, I would be on site the day before to make sure everything is in order and verify I'm able to accomplish all that is necessary to provide the images that I have become expected to produce. In this case, that was not an option, so we showed up early as possible to set up and run test. We were there but a short time before word came that Carlos was feeling like he was coming down with the flu and he wanted an extra hour to sleep in. Shortly there after the next word came. Carlos would not be able to come at all. Not wholly unheard of but disappointing none the less. It is probably most disappointing because Carlos has the persona that is perfectly suited for what I'm doing. In honor of the occasion, I have posted the results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In spite of the fact that this man writes self help books- something I loathe- the quote works quite well under these circumstances

"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars."
Og Mandino

Anonymous said...

So many digital photographers struggle to get a good deep black in their work. You have succeeded in that.