Tuesday, January 15, 2008

No two Clouds are alike

I have recently become pre-occupied with shooting and saving clouds.  They make wonderful and useful stock images from time to time. I find them fascinating and ultimately mysterious.  Living in this part of the state it's sometimes very hard to get to a place where you can have a completely unobstructed shot at some of the more interesting configurations.  I do have a marvelous vantage point on the 23rd floor of my studio building. The problem is that the pollution from the city tends to destroy the purity of most formations.  On a clear day when the Barometric pressure is high and the pollution is low, there aren't many, if any clouds to be found.  In this case, I couldn't get a clear shot, having chased them for nearly 20 minutes but when I did stop I found that power lines brought yet another dimension to the image.  This one is a keeper.

No comments: