Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Man with the Amber Eyes




I'll have to remember to thank the HR person at Nadoz, the restaurant I frequent here in my building.


This be Floyd, and he is the second Chef from there to grace the walls of this blog. His story is long and fascinating.  A veteran of the Military service and cancer survivor, Floyd has a very impressive resume that started by steering away from the food industry. That because his father was a Gourmet Chef and Floyd wanted nothing to do with that.


Unfortunately we had a very short session and I really didn't get to digest all of his history, maybe I'll update this page at a later date when I've have more time to spend with Floyd.

It was good to get back into the mode of shooting character based black and white portraits. I tend to get sidetracked and that's not always a bad thing.

1 comment:

LaurieASK said...

I was almost afraid that you had given up the portraits and then, after a wait, the reward was this stunning image.